Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System
This product is a finalist for the 2014 Edison Awards honoring excellence in product innovation. The Ball FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System was designed to take the guesswork and worries out of ... See complete description »
Item #613560 - Pre Order
Ships from Our Warehouse in 1-2 business days. Gift wrap is available for this item.
Due to overwhelming demand, shipment of this product may be delayed. You may Pre-Order this item and we will process your order and charge your credit card today. We will ship your product by October 1, 2014. In the event there are any manufacturer delays regarding this item we will contact you as soon as possible.
SUMMER CANNING KICKOFF! - Purchase a Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System and the shipping is on us!* Use coupon code - CANNER14.
*Offer applies to Super Saver Shipping to a single address within the contiguous U.S. and APO/FPO. Not available on shipments to U.S. Territories, AK/HI or orders shipping internationally. Standard, Express and NextDay Shipping charges are not waived. Must purchase a Home Canning System (SKU: 613560) to receive free shipping. Cannot be applied to previous purchases. Cannot be combined with other special offers, including affiliate site offers, rebates or miles, or promotional gift certificates, except where a valid coupon code may be applied. Only one coupon code may be applied to an order at any time, including promotional free shipping coupons. Terms are subject to change at any time without notice. One time use only. Offer valid through October 31, 2014.
This product is a finalist for the 2014 Edison Awards honoring excellence in product innovation. The Ball FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System was designed to take the guesswork and worries out of canning. The SmartPRESERVE Technology is an energy efficient hybrid technology that automatically senses, and constantly monitors time and temperature optimized for each recipe including location altitude. The FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System empowers you to preserve delicious homemade foods, shelf-stable for up to one year.
Prepare fresh jams & jellies, sauces, tomatoes, salsas, fruits, and pickles using easy-to-follow instructions in the included FreshTECH Recipe Book. You're now ready to share your homemade recipes with friends and family. With the included FreshTECH Meal Creations Guide make quick snacks and meals, or entrees, beverages and desserts using the fresh preserved food in your pantry-especially handy for busy weekdays.
The Ball FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System has made home canning as easy as 1-2-3.
- Select and prep an Automatic Home Canning System recipe.
- Put jars into the Auto Canner and press the recipe’s number on the touch pad.
- That's it! Your Auto Canner will musically signal when the jars are perfectly preserved and shelf stable for up to one year.
- Pre-Heats your Ball Jars!
- Home Canning System Includes Jar Lifter, Jar Rack, Removable Inner Pot
- Includes Recipe Book with canning recipes and meal inspirations for each
- Preserve your recipes up to 30% faster
- Smart Preserve Technology optimizes time, temperature and canning process
- Features programmed food buttons and recipe buttons to take the guess work out of canning
- Includes 26 of our most popular jam, jelly, fruit, pickle, tomato, sauce and salsa recipes
- More recipes available online [ click here] with more to be added all the time
- Also includes 25 kick-starter recipes for delicious and creative ways to use your freshly-preserved ingredients
- Seven built-in safety features
- No stove top required; operates on any surface near an outlet
- Holds 6 half pints (8oz), 4 pints (16oz), or 3 quarts (32oz) jars during a batch
- Removeable inner pot for easy cleaning. Dishwasher safe.
- Jar rack and lifter are dishwasher safe.
- Premium Jar Lifter: 8.5-inch L x 5.5-inch W, 6-oz.
- Jar Rack: 7.75-inch diameter x .5-inch H, .5-oz.
- Canning System: 11.5-inch diameter, 15-lb., 12-oz., Cord: 44-inch L
- Recipe Book / Meal Creation Guide
- Two vent cleaners included in the back of every recipe booklet
I recently purchased an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker and love it because I can adjust cooking time as needed for different recipes. Imagine my disappointment upon discovering that only a few recipes that are supplied with the FreshTech canner can be used in the FreshTECH canner. And all those recipes, including most of the tomato recipes, could be done in a water bath canner just as easily. I want to be able to can vegetables that truly need to be pressure canned. I haven't used the FreshTech yet, but do intend to keep it and will use it for tomatoes. But Jam? No way. I hope either some recipes will be developed for vegetables such as beets, or you remake your canner so people can adjust cooking time and pressure.
For a beginning canner it is easy to use and gives confidence. Would like more recioes.
Having to rely on ball for the things that I can in this canning system does not allow me to be self reliant. I have been canning with a ball pressure cooker/canning for years, and am able to can safely. With the automatic canning system I am not able to know what pressure and time I can select, so I am limited on what I can can. At this time, I feel that I've paid a lot of money for a fancy water bath canning system. I have attempt to write to ball for help, but have not received any reply. I am keeping the system in hopes that I can figure out the recipe codes, but until it's more than a water bath I will not recommend the system to others.
I have also the FreshTECH Jam maker, which by the way, is wonderful. I have had that about 2 years now, and I have not yet tried this appliance out, but will hopefully this coming weekend, when I start my strawberry jam-making session(s)! It is a great looking appliance, which I do not mind having in my kitchen at all. As to the way it works, I am assuming it works great!
The canner is nice, but I didn't know ONLY recipes in the book can be canned. I would like to can beets in it. I could not find a way to register my canner on your website I called for help and she told me what to do ,but still, no place to register even after that. Disappointed. Thanks, Lorrie